Happy Halloween ToB fans! Julian, Daniel and Jeremy are back to discuss the latest in film and TV news on this spooktacular episode. The guys discuss Shazam! casting news, Fincher turning down Star Wars Episode IX, Netflix tidbits, some fun Halloween themed stories and everything is wrapped up with a spoiler-free review of Stranger Things 2. All this and so much more on a frightful episode of the Tower of Terror Podcast!
Remember to Subscribe and leave a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts if you love the show!
- According to THR, James Mangold is apparently working on an X-23 (Daphne Keen) spin-off.
- The Venom movie has officially begun production and we also learned that much of Tom Hardy’s performance will be motion capture.
- Ben Mendelson is up for the villain role in the Captain Marvel film according to Variety.
- Justice League will only be 121 minutes long including credits, making it the shortest DC(EU) movie to date.
- THR is reporting that Justice League is looking to open at around $110 to $120 million range domestically.
- Zachary Levi has been cast in the lead role for the Shazam! film.
- Deathstroke is getting his own movie and, The Raid director, Gareth Evans is in talks to write and direct.
- We finally know the official name to for the Han Solo, solo movie, simply called Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- David Fincher, in an interview with Empire, revealed that he met with Lucasfilm to discuss directing Episode 9.
- Check out this great video that examines Fincher's visual style.
- It looks like Justin Lin will return to direct Fast and Furious 9 and 10. Although not officially confirmed, Vin Diesel, speaking on Facebook HEAVILY hinted at it.
- CBS has announced that Star Trek: Discovery will return for a second season. Unfortunately for american viewers it will still be on CBS All Access.
- Deadline is reporting that Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin will return for season 3 of Daredevil.
- Marvel’s The Punisher will premiere on Nov 17th.
- Marvel TV exec Joeph Loeb confirmed in an interview with Inverse that they made the decision to bump back the release of The Punisher due to the events in Las Vegas.
- Netflix aims to release 80 original films over the course of 2018 according to an interview by Variety with chief content officer Ted Sarandos.
- Sarandos also said that they plan on spending $8 billion dollars next year across their original film and television projects.
- Netflix revealed some info on what they call “binge racers”: people who watch an entire season of a show within the first 24hrs of its release, and what were the most "binge raced" series on the platform.
- A recent episode of Arrow on CW name dropped Bruce Wayne and Gotham.
- C4 Comic Con - Jeremy’s impressions.
- Exploring the year's top Halloween costumes according using Google's "Freightgeist" tool.
- Discussing Julian's "Recipe to a Horror Fan" blog post.
What We've Been Watching
- Stranger Things 2
- This Is Us