Welcome back to ToB Games! The news of EA's shocking "pivot" of Visceral's Star Wars game came only a day after recording the last episode, so although it's a little late, the guys kick off the show breaking down every detail. Afterwards, Julian, Daniel and Jeremy discuss the plethora of trailers from Sony's Paris Games Week presser, plus all the buzz surrounding Mario Odyssey's release. All this and so much more on this week's episode of ToB Games!
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on Apple Podcasts if you love the show!
EA and Visceral's Star Wars Game
- Although possibly considered "old news" at this point I feel as though we would be remiss if we didn't discuss this massive story. We start by breaking down EA's October 17th press release and then discuss what we've learned since. We also explore what the game was shaping up to be and the fallout from this depressing news.
- Looking for more on the topic? Check out Julian's blog post breaking down what EA was really trying to say in their press release.
Paris Games Week
- The Last of Us Pt 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- God of War
- Detroit: Become Human
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Resident Evil 7 DLC
- Spelunky 2 and Guacamelee 2
Mario and More!
- Mario: Odyssey is out and it’s apparently AMAZING!
- Metacritic score of 97 and a 10/10 from IGN.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's sales numbers are also amazing!
- The Switch continues to be the top selling console in the US.
- Assassin's Creed: Origins and Wolfenstein: The New Order also released (on the SAME day) to positive reviews for both titles.
- Nintendo revealed their new mobile game called Animal Crossing Pocket Camp.
- GameCube controllers now work on Switch.
- EA shuts down 3rd party servers that were keeping old Battlefield games alive