What a crazy time of year. With D23 leading directly into San Diego Comic-Con the news just pours in. Luckily Julian, Daniel and Jeremy are all back together to unpack it all for you. Starting with the Emmy nominations then moving into a Disney heavy movie news segment. The guys also discuss some new Young Justice details as well as break down the rumour of a possible N64 Classic. All that and so much more in this week's Tower of Babble Podcast.
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on Apple Podcasts to give us your feedback!
- Predictions for who we WANT to win and who we think WILL win.
- George A. Romero passed away at the age of 77 due to lung cancer.
- Quinton Tarantino has revealed what his next film will be. Sources close to THR report that Tarantino will write and direct a film based on the Manson murders with rumours of Brad Pitt and J Law in talks to join the project.
- D23 happened last weekend and at the big Disney convention they revealed the full cast of Aladdin:
- Mena Massoud will play Aladdin, Naomi Scott (Power Rangers) will play Jasmine. They also confirmed that Will Smith will play Genie with Guy Ritchie directing.
- Disney also revealed some information about their new Dumbo movie:
- Tim Burton is attached to direct with the film set to release in March 2019.
- The cast will include Colin Farrell, Danny Devito, Eva Green, Michael Keaton, Nico Parker and Finley Hobbins.
- Director Brad Bird revealed at D23 that the main cast of The Incredibles will reprise their roles for the sequel. Except for Spencer Fox who played Das who is now too old.
- Star Wars: Edge of the Galaxy.
- Star Wars “Westworld type” hotel.
- Wreck it Ralph 2 goes to the internet with more video game companies on board and ALL the Disney princesses.
- Fox is apparently “reevaluating" the Alien franchise.
- Variety is reporting that Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts is in talks to direct the sequel.
- Variety is also reporting that the Sony spinoff movies will be very distinct and possibly be R rated if it fits the project.
- Rumours are saying that the Venom movie will be a John Carpenter/David Cronenberg-esque horror film.
- Speaking to Variety Mark Ruffalo who plays Bruce Banner/Hulk in the MCU clarified, AGAIN, that we won't get a solo Hulk movie because Universal owns the rights.
- According to sources at THR, Warner Bros is apparently working on a “graceful” way to transition Ben Affleck’s Batman out of the DCEU.
- Speaking to Yahoo! Movies Geoff Johns revealed that Dwayne Johnson will not be appearing in the Shazam movie.
- Todd McFarlane has announced a new Spawn movie and that he will be directing it.
- At the end of the Legion panel, creator Noah Hawley dropped the mic by revealing he was working on a film with Fox with only two words “Doctor. Doom.”
Agree or Disagree
Speaking to Indiewire, Christopher Nolan had some pretty pointed stuff to say about Netflix and their release strategy.
- A new trailer for The Defenders was revealed at SDCC along with the premiere episode.
- Iron Fist season 2 was announced at The Defenders panel.
- At Comic-Con new images were revealed for Young Justice season 3 showing off new character designs for the main cast.
- Telltale announced that the fourth and FINAL season of their Walking Dead series will be released in 2018.
- Nintendo has filed a trademark application for various game controllers. One of which being for the N64 which have sparked rumours that the company is starting on its next mini-console.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 coming in 2018
- Grant Morrison revealed at Comic-Con that he is working on a sequel to his acclaimed graphic novel "Arkham Asylum: A serious House on a Serious Earth".
What We've Been Watching/Playing
- War for the Planet of the Apes
- Baby Driver
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Round 1: Comic-Con
- Round 2: Comic Book
- Round 3: Comic Creators