It's been awhile since we've taken a break from talking about the latest in film and television news and turned our collective eye towards the gaming industry, but with E3 now upon us we would we remiss if we didn't dive into all the major announcements coming out of gaming's biggest showcase. From Sony and their stellar first party lineup featuring "The Last of Us Pt 2", "Spider-Man" and more to Nintendo and their concentration on all things "Super Smash Bros" and everything in between, the guys discuss the biggest reveals, trailers and demos from this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on Apple Podcasts if you love the show!
- "Super Smash Bros Ultimate" is coming to Switch December 7, 2018.
- Features the return of every fighter to ever appear in a "Smash" title, along with new additions: Ridley, Inklings and Daisy, for a total of 65 playable characters.
- It will feature a variety of new and returning stages, numbering 66 in total so far.
- Tweaks to gameplay to speed up the pace of play.
- Gamecube controller support.
- "Super Mario Party" is also coming to Switch on October 5, 2018.
- Fortnite was (unsurprisingly) announced for Switch and is available now.
- Nintendo also showed off some third party and indie games coming to the Switch.
- "Elder Scrolls 6" was announced with no further details.
- Todd Howard went into detail about "Fallout 76".
- A new "Halo" is in development called “Halo: Infinite”. Not much is known about the project at this point but it will apparently be “Master Chief’s biggest adventure yet” according to Phil Spencer.
- "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice", a game by From Software, was announced as well.
- A WHOLE PILE of "Kingdom Hearts 3" was shown. Seemingly making up for lost time, KH3 was at basically every conference, showing off different parts of the game.
- 3 new "Gears of War" games were revealed:
- "Gears Pop!" is a mobile game where all the characters from the Gears of War series are replaced by Funko Pop-style figurines.
- "Gears Tactics" is a turn-based strategy game.
- "Gears of War 5" is also announced as a core entry in the main series.
- CD Project Red, makers of "The Witcher" series, showed off a new trailer for "Cyber Punk 2077".
- Microsoft announced the acquisition of five new internal game studios. A brand new studio called The Initiative as well as 4 established studios: Undead Labs, Playground Games, Ninja Theory, and Compulsion Games..
- A new "Battletoads" game is coming in 2019.
- "Shadow of the Tomb Raider", will launch on September 14. 2018.
- "Metro Exodus" is coming out on February 22, 2019.
- "Devil May Cry 5" is coming in 2019.
- Bioware’s "Anthem" will be released on February 22, 2019.
- "Battlefield V" will get a battle royal mode, they also showed off some of their single player content called “War Stories”.
- “Sea of Solitude” looks really strange but also beautiful and melancholy. It comes out in early 2019.
- "Titanfall" developer Respawn is working on "Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order". We don’t know much, but we know it’s a single-player story game and it's slated for release during the holiday season in 2019.
- This is the game that went into development following last year’s cancellation of the Amy Hennig Star Wars game from the now defunct Visceral Games.
- "Battlefront II" is getting content from the Clone Wars, including playable versions of Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, General Grievous, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- "Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" takes players to ancient Greece and will drop on October 5, 2018.
- "Beyond Good and Evil 2" got a new trailer and looks spectacular.
- "Starlink: Battle for Atlas", a toys to life / space combat game will feature Star Fox and his Arwing in exclusive Switch content.
- "The Division 2" was announced and is set in Washington DC.
- "The last of Us Pt 2" trailer and gameplay demo was amazing.
- Sucker Punch’s "Ghost’s of Tsushima" trailer and gameplay demo also impressed.
- The "Resident Evil 2" trailer was a big hit. The game appears to have been built from the ground up and features Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield, and will be out January 29, 2019.
- "Death Stranding" also received a trailer with gameplay. Unfortunately we have no idea what was actually happening.
- Insomniac’s "Spider-Man" also showed off some gameplay.