With Jeremy jetting off to Europe it leaves just Julian and Dan to carry the load. Fortunately (or I suppose, unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) the last week was pretty light on news. The big story being The Academy announcing the addition of a new "popular film" award for The Oscars with almost no info and then dropping the mic and disappearing. Beyond that, the guys also break down a few smaller news bits and indulge in the tangents to pass the time. Plus! Make sure to stay after the credits to enjoy a rare "after dark" segment where Julian and Dan break free from the shackles of nerdome and talk about anything and everything. Enjoy!
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on Apple Podcasts if you love the show!
- According to the Wall Street Journal, the "mature brands" at 20th Century Fox might be in danger following the Disney merger. There's even the possibility that 20th Century Fox may shuttered altogether.
- Rumour has it that Tom Cruise is up for the role of Hale Jordan/Green Lantern in the upcoming Green Lantern Corps film.
- Reports are emerging that suggest that the long thought to be R rated film, Venom, may turn out to be rated PG 13.
- In a story by The Hollywood Reporter, The Oscars are making some changes:
- Limiting the show to 3 hours max.
- New "popular film" category.
What We've Been Watching