Following our big Star Wars Extravaganza the ToB Crew return with another numbered episode discussing all the NON-Star Wars related news. Starting with the Thor: Ragnarok trailer, which gave us our first taste of what looks to be a delightful space adventure, despite the dower name. The guys then give their impressions on Josh Brolin being cast as Cable in Deadpool 2 as well as a whole pile of other casting news. After a little video game talk, that included Nintendo Switch sales numbers and a new Call of Duty announcement, Julian, Daniel and Jeremy round out the show with a review of Fast and Furious 8 and the latest DC animated film, Teen Titans: Judas Contract. All this and so much more on this week's Tower of Babble Podcast!
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on iTunes to give us your feedback!
- Thor: Ragnarok
- James Gunn is returning return to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
- Guardians 2 has FIVE post credits scenes.
- The Captain Marvel movie starring Brie Larson now has a director. Two actually. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck (Mississippi Grind, It’s Kind of a Funny Story) will helm the project.
- Josh Brolin cast as Cable in Deadpool 2.
- Dolph Lundgren joins the cast of Aquaman.
- Beauty and the Beast has surpassed $1 Billion at the boxoffice.
- According to Deadline Will Smith is in early discussions to play the genie in the live action Aladin remake.
- Jude Law has been cast as young Dumbledore in sequel to Fantastic Beasts.
- According to Avatar actress Sigourney Weaver, the sequel begins filming this fall.
- Joss Whedon, talking about Batgirl, says not to expect a big name playing Babs:
- “I don’t have my eye on anybody. I’m creating this character, I’m in a dialogue with her and then we’ll see who joins that later on… I doubt it’ll be a name. I think this is somewhere where you go and find Batgirl and then you cast her. I’m not against movie stars, they’re great, but you need somebody who’s going to be just right, and a situation like this the name carries a lot of weight, so it’s not as critical.”.
- A new DC animated film will be somewhat of a spiritual successor to the Batman: The Animated Series. Called "Batman and Harley Quinn", it will star Kevin Conroy as Batman, former Robin/Nightwing actor Loren Lester and Big Bang Theory actress Melissa Rauch as Harley. Bruce Timm is heavily involved and the look and feel is very much that of the original series.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down a role in Shane Black’s new Predator film saying this about the subject to Yahoo:
- "They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it — whatever they offered. So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won’t do that."
- Marvel’s Defenders will debut on Netflix on August 18th.
- Manu Bennett, after a long feud, will return to play Slade Wilson/Deathstroke on Arrow for the season five finale.
- Activision has announced that the next COD is called Call of Duty: WW2 and they are going to have a full reveal on Wed April 26th.
- Uncharted: Lost Legacy will release on August 22nd in North America for $40 US and $50 CND. In the UK it’ll be available a day later on the 23rd. The "DLC" could be as long as 10 hours.
- Shannon Woodward (Westworld) has joined the cast of the The Last of Us Part 2.
- We finally have concrete Switch sales numbers:
- 906,000 units in 28 days in North America according to the NPD Group
- Breath of the Wild sold 1.3 million copies across Switch and Wii U (925,000 to Switch and 460,000 units to Wii U)
- Nintendo is discontinuing the NES Classic Edition.
- Rumours are now swirling that the SNES Classic will replace it this year.
- Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma said to Famitsu that going forward Zelda games will likely all be "open world" in the same vein as Breath of the Wild. He noted that eventually people will start to get tired of that formula as well though.
- An Australian made documentary on the making of Rare’s Goldeneye 64 is in the works
Called GoldenEra. They currently have an ongoing IndieGoGo campaign to fund the project.
- Batman #21 is the start of the investigation into the Dr Manhattan tease from the beginning of Rebirth. Called “The Button” its a 4 part series.
What We've Been Watching/Playing
- Teen Titans: Judas Contract
- Fast and Furious 8
- Biggest worldwide opening of all time. (532.5 mill)
- Series producer Neal Moritz has reiterated, in an interview with Collider, that the FF franchise will end with the 10th movie.
- TMZ is also reporting that The Rock and Vin Diesel have resolved their feud and that Dwayne Johnson will be back for the 9th movie.
- Universal is considering a FF spinoff with the Rock and Jason Statham.