Star Wars Celebration Orlando took place over Easter weekend and with it came a metric ton of Star Wars news. Julian, Daniel and Jeremy are here to break it all down and talk about everything going on in the galaxy far far away. Starting, of course, with Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. Director Rian Johnson dropped the first teaser trailer and revealed the official poster and the guys break down every detail. Moving onto the animation side, Supervising Director Dave Filoni dropped the bomb that season 4 of Rebels would be it's final season. Julian, the resident Rebels super fan, delves deep into all the Rebels related news. To cap things off the conversation moves to Battlefront II, the sequel to the EA game from two years ago, which was announced along with a trailer showing off it's new single player campaign. All this and so much more in this ToB Interlude / Star Wars extravaganza!
Remember to Subscribe and rate us on iTunes to give us your feedback!
Theme: Star Wars
- Round 1: Storm Trooper
- Round 2: Leia
- Round 3: Prequel Trilogy
- Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy, in an interview with MTV, said that they are getting close to announcing the next standalone film. Going so far as to say that she hopes she can reveal it this summer. She even gave the impression that it could be an Obi-wan solo film by giving one of those non-denial-denials that execs are so good at.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Mark Hamill, speaking to Fandango, said that not having Luke, Lea and Han reunite in Force Awakens was a “great missed opportunity”. He felt as though it would have been a stronger emotional thread if Lea and Luke had witnessed Hans death rather than 2 relative strangers and chewie.
- According to director Rian Johnson “The Last Jedi” refers to Luke and is singular.
- Leia will NOT appear in Ep 9 at all. Having reworked the entire story since her Carrie Fisher’s death.
- Rian Johnson says that The last Jedi will “absolutely” address Rey’s parentage
- Dave Filoni announces that "Rebels" will end with season 4.
- Filoni Teased new animated projects are coming in the future.
- A 2D animation project was also announced. A series of animated shorts called “Star Wars Forces of Destiny” will be released on YouTube and will have an accompanying toy-line. It focuses on the female characters of Star Wars with Leia , Padme, Ahsoka, Sabine, Rey and Jyn all getting the animated treatment.
- EA announced Star Wars: Battlefront 2
- Will release on November 17 worldwide.
- Will have a single player campaign set between Ep 6 and 7. Following Iden Versio who leads an elite Imperial unit called "Inferno Squad".
- Star Wars legends like Luke and Kylo Ren will also be playable
- Multiplayer is getting bolstered and will now span all three eras and the long awaited return of space battles.